Jeffrey S. Evans, William F. Kimbrough, and William H. McGuffin, have 50+ years of experience identifying and assessing rare antiques and decorative arts, as well as realistically evaluating estate property.
Printable Handout of our Appraisal Service
Types of Appraisals
Fair Market Value appraisals are primarily performed for:
- Estate tax purposes
- Pre-estate planning
- Equitable distribution
- Tax-deductible donations
The appraised value reflects the realistic resale value of property based on comparable past sales records. Replacement Value appraisals are primarily performed for insurance purposes and are intended to reflect retail replacement cost. Our appraisal reports contain item descriptions that include size, age, and condition – a requirement of most insurance carriers. We do not appraise real estate, furs, or jewelry containing precious stones.
Appraisal Fee Schedule
- Appraisal: $150.00 per hour (one hour minimum)
- Secondary Appraiser (if required): $50.00 per hour
- Additional Research (if required): $50.00 per hour
- Document Preparation: $20.00 per hour (one hour minimum)
- Travel: $50.00 per hour (no charge for travel within a 30-minute radius of Mt. Crawford, VA)