17% or 19.5% Buyer’s Premium
You may submit absentee bids:
- Online through our site (powered by Auction Flex).
- Online through Invaluable or LiveAuctioneers site (24.5% buyer’s premium applies).
- By fax.
- By email (if our bid form is sent as a legible, printable attachment).
- By mail.
NOTE: We do not accept bids verbally, either in person or by phone.
Absentee Bid Forms
Print our BID FORM(S) to submit by fax, mail or email attachment:
If Bid Form Part II is used, Bid Form Part I is also required.
Deadline To Place Absentee Bids
- Jeffreysevans.com: two hours before the auction begins.
- Jeffrey S. Evans LIVE: until the lot opens for bidding. 2% additional Buyer’s Premium.
- LiveAuctioneers and Invaluable: until the lot opens for bidding. 5% additional Buyer’s Premium.
Emailed Absentee Bids
We do not accept absentee bids via email unless our Bid Form is properly completed and sent as an email attachment that can be printed legibly (.pdf files preferred).
If you have computer access, the preferred bidding method is online, using the Auction Flex platform.
Other Important Information About Absentee Bidding
- We provide absentee bidding as a courtesy, at no additional charge to the buyer. We make every effort to accurately record and execute all submitted bids and although mistakes are uncommon, they can happen. We are not responsible for missed or inaccurately recorded bids.
- We will continue to bid on your behalf as long as there is at least one other competing bid. We will cease bidding for you when you win the item due to a lack of other competing bids or the next bid increment exceeds your maximum bid.
- The absentee bid amount refers to the “hammer” price only. Please take the buyer’s premium into consideration when determining your maximum bid amount.
- It is possible that a LIVE bidder could win a lot for the same bid amount you placed prior to the start of the auction; it depends on the opening bid amount and where the bid increment falls during live bidding on the lot. Click here for a sample bidding scenario.
- We will notify all successful absentee, telephone, and Internet bidders within two business days of the end of the sale.
- The first two business days following an auction are extremely busy while we process invoices for all successful Internet, telephone, and absentee bidders (approximately 150-200 bidders per sale). Although we may not be available by telephone while invoicing is in progress, you are welcome to send an email and/or leave a voicemail message and we will return calls and emails at our earliest opportunity.